Maine State Library
- Early Literacy Page—information about early literacy and five easy ways to help your child develop literacy skills: talk, sing, read, write, play.
- Find a Public Library in Maine
- Talking Books Plus/Library Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (incl. children’s books)
- Literacy for ME: Maine’s Statewide Literacy Plan
Maine Department of Education
- Literacy for ME: Maine’s Statewide Literacy Plan—the state’s plan to help all Maine residents develop strong literacy skills.
- Maine Adult Education (Literacy & Adult Basic Education)—Adult Basic Education in Maine provides adults with educational opportunities to acquire and improve their literacy skills.
- Zero to Three: Early Language & Literacy—resources for helping your child get ready to read.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children—help your child fall in love with reading.
- Reading Rockets—literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Reach Out and Read—program similar to Raising Readers with recommended book lists, information on importance of reading aloud and reading tips.
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy—offers family literacy programs to prepare children to start school ready and to give parents a second chance to improve their literacy skills.
- HealthyChildren.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics—family-focused information on child health from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- KidsHealth.org—information on children’s health and development.
- Get Ready to Read! — is designed to support educators, parents, and young children in the development of early literacy skills in the years before kindergarten.
Stay in touch with us!
Enter your email to join our email list! You'll receive our quarterly newsletter, with the latest resources from Raising Readers, updates on our books and authors, and other information!