Your privacy is important to Raising Readers. We never sell or share your personal information collected on our site with outside organizations without your written consent. Here is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two types of information from users of our website:
- Non-personal information collected via technology, such as information about traffic patterns on our Website, and;
- Personal information that users provide to us
- Our website is not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
How We Collect Your Information
We use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to collect non-personal aggregated use data.
Site visitors may also be asked to provide information, such as an e-mail address, a mailing address, and/or a phone number, and credit card information in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list. We do not process credit card transactions in this site. However, site visitors may be directed to the PayPal site for donation transactions. Please refer to the PayPal site for any privacy-related questions or information.
Use of Your Information
Non-personal information on an aggregated basis may be used make the Website more useful to you.
- Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- If you correspond with us via e-mail, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein and use such to respond to your inquiry and/or notify you of our services, upcoming events, and research projects.
The information we collect is used to provide the services you have requested and may be used to help improve the content of our Web site. Information collected may be shared with other organizations in the MaineHealth family to provide the services requested. If you choose to opt-out of providing personal information that may be shared, please email the Raising Readers Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the following address:
Communications & Marketing
110 Free Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Your Controls and Choices
Site visitors who have provided Raising Readers with additional information are welcome to contact us at any time about this information.
Our postal address is:
110 Free Street
Portland, ME 04101
Our phone number is:
Or you can send an email to:
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them. This includes:
- Transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases)
- Communications that the visitor has directed to our site (e.g., e-mails, customer inquiries)
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number)
Visitors can access this information by sending us an e-mail at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address.
Names and addresses can be removed from any mailing list by sending us an e-mail at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address. These requests will be processed within two weeks of receipt.
Where Raising Readers partners with a third party to provide website or content delivery services directly to site visitors at that third party, the privacy practices published at the third party will apply to any information provided. Please refer to those third party sites for their privacy policies.
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will contact each individual before we use his or her data for these new purposes and adjust our opt-out policy to reflect the changes. We will also post the policy changes to our website to notify visitors of these changes and provide visitors with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically.
Stay in touch with us!
Enter your email to join our email list! You'll receive our quarterly newsletter, with the latest resources from Raising Readers, updates on our books and authors, and other information!