Celebrate Raising Readers’ 20th Anniversary
Celebrating 20 Years and 3 Million Books
Can you believe it? Raising Readers has promoted a love of books and reading in Maine for 20 years. We’ve done this by partnering with Maine hospitals and healthcare providers to give high-quality books to babies the day they’re born and at each well-child visit until they turn five years old.
What are We Celebrating?
- Since the beginning, the Libra Foundation has generously funded Raising Readers.
- We’ve distributed over 3 million books to 285,000 Maine children.
- Maine families read aloud to their children more often than anywhere else in the United States. (National Study of Children’s Health, 2018)
- Share your favorite reading memories: Head over to our survey and tell us about your favorite read-aloud experience, your favorite childhood book, or the impact Raising Readers has had on you or your family over the past twenty years. All year we’ll be sharing your stories and stories from some other familiar Maine faces.
- Check out the calendar of 20th Anniversary events: Here’s the list of events we will be participating in. Keep an eye on this web page and our social media pages for more details as they come.
- Let’s connect on social media: We’ll be highlighting partnerships, showcasing Raising Readers books, hosting contests, and so much more on Facebook and Instagram.
- Subscribe to our Blog: Receive email updates about events and right in your inbox. Sign up here!
Don't miss a post!